A fried recipe for all brown rice aficionados out there with a classic Chinese fried rice ingredient, Sweet Chinese Sausage. This is an all-in-one hearty meal in a bowl that you can have any time of the day!
Brown Fried Rice with Chinese Sausage
- Soak the Chinese sausage in hot water for 2 minutes. Peel off the casing then slice into small pieces. Fry in hot oil until fragrant. Set aside.
- Blanch vegetables in hot water for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from pan, set aside. Heat oil in the wok or pan over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the eggs then stir immediately. Stir in the onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add cooked brown rice, vegetables, soy sauce. Stir constantly for 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the sauce, stir everything again for another minute. Season with salt and pepper as needed then add in the green onions. Transfer to a serving bowl, then serve immediately.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- Day-old brown rice tends to be mushy so the key to using brown rice for fried rice is to use freshly cooked rice. This is the opposite for white rice but after several attempts, I find that freshly cooked works better.
- Blanch vegetables for 1 to 2 minutes. I usually do this if carrots and broccoli are in the mix. If you are just using green peas, skip the blanching and stir fry it directly with the aromatics and eggs.
- You can also use frozen vegetables to save time. No need to chop and no prep required!
- This is a big serving fried rice. Use two spatulas to toss the rice with the seasoning. So much easier!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small percentage of your purchase. This helps keep this website running! Thank you.