This Ground Pork and Green Bean Stir fry is a Mapo Tofu-inspired dish made with simple Asian ingredients concocted to substitute Chili Bean paste. It's slightly sweet, mildly spicy, and full of flavor!
This stir-fry dish is a product of my attempt at making a Chinese-Szechuan-inspired dish called minced/ ground pork with chili bean sauce. Its popular variation, which you're probably more familiar with, is Mapo tofu.
OMG! I love that stuff! It's spicy, salty, and pungent. It never fails to make me wipe out two cups of rice 🙂
Chili bean sauce is widely available here in Singapore but not in the Philippines, as far as I'm aware. So if you are craving a Mapo Tofu kind of flavor and don't have Chili Bean paste at hand then this recipe might be for you. It's a milder version of it of course with an option of making it really spicy.
Ground Pork and Green Bean Stir fry Ingredients
Spicy, salty, pungent and pack with bold Asian Flavors
- shrimp paste (bagoong-alamang)
- oyster sauce
- soy sauce
- sweet chili sauce
- white sugar
- white vinegar
- red chili (optional)
- tomato (for color)
Love Asian flavors? Try these out!
- Beef Basil Stir Fry
- Misua Soup with Sesame Pork Meatballs
- Pork Asparagus in Oyster Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Whole Fish
- Pork Fried Rice
- Pork and Shrimp Lumpiang Shanghai
More pork recipes
Ground Pork and Green Bean Stir fry
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (canola or vegetable)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 200 grams ground pork
- 300 grams fresh green beans (ends trimmed, cut into two equal pieces)
- ½ cup water
- 1 piece red chili (optional)
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add garlic and onion. Tossed until softened, about two minutes.
- Add pork. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Stir-in tomatoes and chili (if using); continue cooking until softened. Reduce heat to medium, pour sauce and simmer for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour water. Simmer for 5 minutes until meat is soft and moist. Add green beans. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until beans are tender-crisp. Serve with warm rice. Enjoy!