Macaroni Salad with Condensed Milk
Macaroni salad made extra special with condensed milk. Creamy, slightly tangy, not too sweet and filled with my favorite salad toppings. So easy to prepare–perfect for parties, BBQ and potluck gatherings.
Servings 5 servings
- 250 g elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup bell peppers diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup cheese diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp pickle relish
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add salt then add pasta. Cook per package directions. Drain then let it cool.
In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Stir until well combined. Taste. Adjust condensed milk/ mayo/ vinegar/ salt.
Place pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add carrots, bell peppers celery, onion, and cheese. Pour dressing and gently toss.
Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight before serving. Enjoy!
- Cook the pasta al dente. After cooking pasta for 7 minutes, start tasting a piece at a 1-minute interval until it’s firm and no longer crunchy. Using a kitchen timer always helps.
- Other add-in options: ham, egg, bacon, chicken, roasted peppers, olives, pineapples
- Storage/Shelf life: Refrigerate the salad in an airtight container within 1 hour of preparing. When properly stored, it can last 3 to 5 days.
- To serve: I love having Macaroni Salad with baked chicken, BBQ, roasted chicken, grilled meat and fish.
- Other pasta options: rigatoni, ziti, and shells
Calories: 578kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 460mg | Potassium: 312mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2939IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 1mg