- 1 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 5 eggs separated
- 3/4 cup lowfat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the 3 Milk Mixture:
- 1/4 cup lowfat milk
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
For the Frosting:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350f /177c degrees. Spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks one at a time. Add vanilla then continue mixing until the mixture becomes thick and pale.
- Add half of the milk along with half of the dry ingredients to the butter sugar mixture. Add in the remaining milk and dry ingredients and mix everything together. Don't overmix. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, whisk the egg whites until they develop stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the batter. Once thoroughly combined, pour mixture into your prepared pan. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for about 20 minutes and move to a platter with high edges.
- Pierce the cake all over the top with a fork and set aside.
3 milk mixture
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. Pour this mixture slowly all over the top of the cake so that it all soaks in the tender sponge. Let it sit for a about 20 to 30 minutes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add the heavy cream and whisk to form soft peaks. Add the powder sugar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. Do not overmix. Otherwise, cream will curdle and turn into butter.
- Spread the whipped cream all over the top of the cake then serve with a smile 🙂
Last Updated on