A healthier version of fries. Well, technically this should be called fries because its baked. Perfect as snack or as a side for burgers, steak, roasted chicken or whatever you fancy having this with.
- 3 medium size sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons olive oil or oil spray
- salt for seasoning
- spices – i used combo 1 on this photo but I’ve tried all combinations mentioned below and all turned out great!
combo 1 – yellow curry powder, cumin, black pepper and cayenne pepper for a bit of heat
combo 2 – dried parsley flakes, black pepper, cayenne pepper
combo 3 – black pepper, chicken seasoning powder, paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 200c. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes then cut them french fries style.
- Using a bowl, toss with cornstarch. Pour the potatoes in a (dry) strainer and tap off excess cornstarch.
- Place potatoes back into the bowl and drizzle with olive oil or cooking spray. Use two hands to ensure even coating.
- Add seasoning of choice then toss to coat.
- Place coated potatoes onto the lined baking sheet. Put at least 2 inches space in between the potatoes to avoid overcrowding.
- Baked one side for 20 minutes. Then flip to another side then bake for another 15 minutes.
Tip: If your oven has hot air function, use it! It helps bake the potatoes evenly. I didn’t need to flip the potatoes when I used it saving me a lot of time. If you really want a crispy texture, just increase the baking time but make sure not to burn them.
Last Updated on