There are days when we just want a deliciously home-cooked meal that is easy and quick to prepare. Craving for shrimp but don’t want to deal with the messy side of peeling and deveining? Use a bag of frozen shrimps. Want a rich and creamy sauce but don’t have an hour (probably more) to spare use a jar of pasta sauce, add milk and you’ll have it instantly. That is what this pasta recipe is all about.
Three key things to this recipe:
- Why fettuccine? It’s best for creamy pasta sauces but spaghetti will work too!
- If you end up with a sour pasta sauce, which happens to me most of the time, add sugar. Start by adding a teaspoon. Taste, then add more if needed.
- You can also use fresh milk or cream but evaporated milk is likely more accessible and economical in most Asian countries (which I believe where most of my audience are from).
The chilies are totally optional but if you like some zing, don’t skip it! It’s a perfect contrast to the rich and creamy sauce. To adjust the spice, remove or reduce the seeds.
Watch How to Make Shrimp Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
Shrimp Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
Shrimp Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce. It's quick and easy!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound fettuccine or spaghetti pasta ,slightly undercooked
- 1 pound frozen medium-size shrimp ,peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cloves garlic ,finely chopped
- 1 small onion ,finely chopped
- 2 red chilies ,chopped (optional)
- 1 500g jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup water rinse the jar, plus more if needed
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions ,sliced (optional)
Reserve some of the sauce before tossing in all the pasta. Drizzle it all over your bowl just before serving. But don't let it sit for too long. We don't like soggy pasta.
Last Updated on