Who needs Chinese takeout when you can easily make one at home. An almost all-meat beef stir-fry recipe, using only carrots and green onions as vegetables. So quick and easy to make!
What vegetables are good for beef stir-fry?
You can use other vegetables such as classic broccoli, sugar snap peas, green beans, and bell peppers are also good choices. If you are going to use vegetables that need more cooking time, boil it in water until almost tender before stir-frying with the meat.
Beef stir-fry seasonings
Adjust the seasonings the way you like it. Use light soy sauce if you want it less salty, add more sugar if you want it sweeter and add chilies if you want it spicy.
I hear you asking, is Chinese cooking wine or Shaoxing wine optional and can it be substituted? Yes. BUT I highly recommend it to be a part of your pantry. It is a must-have ingredient in Chinese cooking. Do you know that Chinese flavor and aroma you get from foods in restaurants? It comes from it.
Best eaten straight out of the pan while warm and fresh! Serve with rice and noodles. Do you see the beef and sauce glistening? Delicious! Make it today and I hope you enjoy it!
Hungry for more? Try these MUST TRY recipes!
- Thai Basil Beef Zucchini Stir-fry
- Spicy Squid and Pork Korean Stir-fry
- Stir-fried Chayote (Sayote Guisado)
- Pork Fried Rice
- Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pineapple
- Quick and Easy Korean Beef Bulgogi
Watch the video on how to make Quick and Easy Beef Stir-fry
Quick and Easy Beef Stir-fry
- 450 grams tenderloin beef or similar tender beef cuts (sliced evenly into strips)
- oil for cooking
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1 small yellow onion (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled then sliced)
- green onions (sliced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add all ingredients of the marinade to the beef slices. Mix well. Marinate for about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients of the sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Heat wok or pan over medium heat. When slight smoke appears, add oil. When the oil is hot, add the beef slices. Cook until it is half done and no longer pink, about 2 to 3 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat. Transfer to a bowl. Clean and remove any gunk from the pan.
- Pour oil into the pan. Stir-fry the carrots and onions. Add the beef slices back to the pan and pour the sauce mixture. Stir constantly and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Stir in the green onions and season with ground pepper. Turn off the heat and continue stirring. Taste and season with salt if necessary.
- Serve with rice immediately!
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- Recommended substitutes for Chinese cooking wine or Shaoxing Wine are dry sherry and Japanese rice wine. I have read that apple juice and white grape juice can also be used as a non-alcoholic substitute. However, I haven't tried those myself.
- To save time, buy pre-cut beef from the grocery that is labeled for 'stir-frying' which are most likely tender beef cuts.
- If you are slicing the meat yourself, freeze it beforehand to make it easier to slice evenly.
- Other tender beef cuts best for stir-frying are sirloin, ribeye and top loin
Last Updated on