This banana graham cake is made of fresh bananas spread between layers of graham crackers, dulce de leche caramel, cream, and crushed peanuts. It's a simple and decadent dessert that is surprisingly easy to make.
Banana Graham Cake
If you love Mango Graham Cake (Mango Float) then you'll surely love this banana version too!
This Banana Caramel Cake requires no baking. It is ridiculously easy to make and can be a good fun family activity you can whip up anytime.
This sweet dessert is a perfect summer treat but if you're a Filipino like me, I would definitely serve this for Christmas Noche Buena or New Year's celebrations—Ti's the best season to indulge and be merry!
What you need
- Cream - Use fresh or all-purpose cream. Whip it to make it fluffier or just use it as it is.
- Graham Crackers - When making no-bake cakes, this one is a favorite base as it softens quickly into a pudding consistency.
- Dulce de Leche - This is my favorite type of caramel. I usually make this at home with reduced cooking time to make it spreadable. You can certainly buy ready-made ones if available.
- Fresh Bananas - Use ripe yellow bananas that are sweet and tart and not overripe.
- Toasted Crush Peanuts - This adds a nice crunch. Just brings everything together!
How to make Banana Graham Cake
Whipped the cream and vanilla using an electric mixer. Not really necessary but I just like my cream a little bit fluffy. You can sweeten it with a little bit of sugar but for me, dulce de leche drizzled on top should be just enough.
Place a single layer of the graham crackers in the bottom of a 9 x 7 pan or dish (or something similar) then spread the cream. Drizzle over melted dulce de leche then arrange slices of banana on top. Sprinkle some ground peanuts.
Repeat for 2 or more layers ending with bananas, cream, peanuts and caramel on top. That's it! Easy peasy!
Freeze for 30 minutes uncovered to harden the caramel then cover with a cling wrap. This will prevent the caramel from sticking to the wrap. Refrigerate for 6 hours before serving.
Love desserts? Try my other recipes!
- Tres Leches Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Sweet and Creamy Fruit Salad (Filipino Style)
- Buko Pandan (Coconut Pandan Salad)
- Puto Flan (Leche Flan Puto)
- Turon with Dulce De Leche
- Filipino Cassava Cake
- Soft Cinnamon Rolls
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
No-Bake Banana Caramel Cake
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream (or all-purpose cream)
- 1 package /400g graham crackers
- 6 med-sized ripe bananas (sliced)
- 1 can **dulce de leche
- ground peanuts
- Place dulce de leche in a plastic or zip bag. If it's too thick, melt it in a pan over medium heat just until it becomes runny. Let it cool before placing it in the bag.
- Combine cream and vanilla in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer to make it fluffy or just whisk together.
- Place a single layer of the graham crackers in the bottom of a 9 x 7 pan or dish (or something similar). Fill the gaps with trimmed crackers. Spread ⅓ cup of cream.
- Snip off a tiny corner of the bag’s tip with a scissor then drizzle dulce de leche all over. Arrange slices of banana on top then sprinkle some ground peanuts. Repeat for 2 or more layers.
- Freeze for 2 hours uncovered to harden the caramel then cover with a cling wrap. This will prevent the caramel from sticking to the wrap. Continue freezing overnight then serve!
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- Dulce de leche can be substituted with regular caramel if preferred.
- Flavored graham crackers such as chocolate, vanilla cinnamon would work too.
- Use ripe yellow bananas that are sweet, tart and not overripe. Overripe bananas tend to be overly sweet and can become mushy.
- Toasted peanuts can be omitted or substituted with walnuts, pecans or cashew.
- **Adjust amount of dulce de leche/caramel depending on the level of sweetness preferred.
Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.