Macaroni salad made extra special with condensed milk. Creamy, slightly tangy, and slightly sweet, and filled with my favorite salad toppings. So easy to prepare–perfect for parties, BBQ, and potluck gatherings.
Macaroni Salad with Condensed Milk
This macaroni salad recipe is a cross between a Filipino macaroni salad and American macaroni salad. It’s creamy, slightly tangy, and loaded with vegetables.
Salad Dressing with Condensed Milk
This dressing has a perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess. To make it, you will need:
- Condensed milk – makes the salad creamy and sweet. No need to add additional sugar. This sort of replaces the sour cream in American Macaroni salad.
- Mayonnaise – I recommend Lady’s Choice or Best Food as they tend to be on the tangier side which is perfect for salads.
- Vinegar – balances the sweetness of the condensed milk.
- Salt and pepper – lifts up the overall taste of the dressing. Don’t skip this.
- Pickle relish – adds extra texture, tanginess, and a little bit of sweetness.
Tips on how to make macaroni salad
- Cook the pasta al dente. Because no one likes a mushy salad right? After cooking pasta for 7 minutes, I start tasting a piece at a 1-minute interval until it’s firm and no longer crunchy. Using a kitchen timer always helps.
- Make the dressing in a separate bowl. Mix it well then taste test. Adjust the salt, condensed milk (sweetness), tanginess (vinegar) based on preference.
Salad toppings options
This list could go on and on but they are pretty much my favorites:
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Pickle relish
Storage and Shelf life
Refrigerate the salad in an airtight container within 1 hour of preparing. When properly stored, it can last 3 to 5 days.
To serve: I love having Macaroni Salad with baked chicken, BBQ, roasted chicken, grilled meat, and fish.
More recipes for your weekly menu!
- Mushroom Pasta (made with canned soup)
- Shrimp Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Cream Cheese Pasta Sauce
- Chunky Mushroom and Celery Soup
- Creamy Garlic Pasta with Bacon and Mushroom
- Easy Oven Roasted Chicken
- Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- Sardines Pasta with Tomatoes and Olives
- Cheesy Baked Macaroni
- Chicken Burger
Watch the video on how to make it
Macaroni Salad with Condensed Milk
- 250 g elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup bell peppers (diced)
- 1/2 cup celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 cup cheese (diced)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp pickle relish
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add salt then add pasta. Cook per package directions. Drain then let it cool.
- In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Stir until well combined. Taste. Adjust condensed milk/ mayo/ vinegar/ salt.
- Place pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add carrots, bell peppers celery, onion, and cheese. Pour dressing and gently toss.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- Cook the pasta al dente. After cooking pasta for 7 minutes, start tasting a piece at a 1-minute interval until it’s firm and no longer crunchy. Using a kitchen timer always helps.
- Other add-in options: ham, egg, bacon, chicken, roasted peppers, olives, pineapples
- Storage/Shelf life: Refrigerate the salad in an airtight container within 1 hour of preparing. When properly stored, it can last 3 to 5 days.
- To serve: I love having Macaroni Salad with baked chicken, BBQ, roasted chicken, grilled meat and fish.
- Other pasta options: rigatoni, ziti, and shells
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small percentage of your purchase. This helps keep this website running! Thank you!