Macaroni salad made extra special with condensed milk. Creamy, slightly tangy, not too sweet and filled with my favorite salad toppings. So easy to prepare–perfect for parties, BBQ and potluck gatherings.
My favorite Salad Toppings
These are my top favorite salad toppings. What are yours?
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
The BEST Macaroni Salad Dressing
The best salad dressing for me should have a perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess. These are my top favorite dressing ingredients when making macaroni salad.
- Condensed milk
- salt and pepper
- Pickle relish with juice
Make the BEST MACARONI SALAD!
- Cook the pasta al dente. Because no one likes a mushy salad right? After cooking pasta for 7 minutes, I start tasting a piece at a 1-minute interval until it’s firm and no longer crunchy. Using a kitchen timer always helps.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl so you can easily adjust the salt, condensed milk (sweetness), tanginess (vinegar).
- Make it with your favorite toppings: ham, egg, bacon, chicken, roasted peppers and olives. My personal favorites are bell peppers, onion, pickle relish, cheese, and carrots.
Storage/Shelf life: Refrigerate the salad in an airtight container within 1 hour of preparing. When properly stored, it can last 3 to 5 days.
To serve: I love having Macaroni Salad with baked chicken, BBQ, roasted chicken, grilled meat and fish.
MUST TRY RECIPES!
- Shrimp Pasta in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Cream Cheese Pasta Sauce
- Minced Beef Sopas-Filipino Style Macaroni Beef Soup
- Creamy Garlic Pasta with Bacon and Mushroom
- Easy Oven Roasted Chicken
- Lechon Manok (Filipino Roasted Chicken)
Watch the video on how to make Macaroni Salad
Macaroni Salad with Condensed Milk
- 250 g elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup bell peppers diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup cheese diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp pickle relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add salt then add pasta. Cook per package directions. Drain then let it cool.
- In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Stir until well combined. Taste. Adjust condensed milk/ mayo/ vinegar/ salt.
- Place pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add carrots, bell peppers celery, onion, and cheese. Pour dressing and gently toss.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight before serving. Enjoy!
- Cook the pasta al dente. After cooking pasta for 7 minutes, start tasting a piece at a 1-minute interval until it’s firm and no longer crunchy. Using a kitchen timer always helps.
- Other add-in options: ham, egg, bacon, chicken, roasted peppers, olives, pineapples
- Storage/Shelf life: Refrigerate the salad in an airtight container within 1 hour of preparing. When properly stored, it can last 3 to 5 days.
- To serve: I love having Macaroni Salad with baked chicken, BBQ, roasted chicken, grilled meat and fish.
- Other pasta options: rigatoni, ziti, and shells
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small percentage of your purchase. This helps keep this website running! Thank you!
Last Updated on