The simplest and easiest oven-roasted chicken ever! Juicy, tender and made of the simplest ingredients. Add carrots, potatoes, and celery on the side if you're feeling fancy.
Super easy and delicious Roasted Chicken
Here are the reasons why you'll love this roasted chicken recipe.
- This recipe requires minimal preparation and you don't need any special skills i.e. trussing a chicken to make it.
- No basting needed! The butter inserted under the chicken skin keeps the meat moist and juicy.
- It's flavor-packed as it uses a combination of fresh and powdered spices.
- Tender and juicy. The secret? Butter! Add loads of it. Really up to you!
Make roasted chicken using the simplest ingredients
Use what you have as they say, so these pantry staples came in handy when I made the roasted chicken:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- fresh garlic and onion
- salt and pepper
- dried thyme and rosemary (totally optional!)
Easy Roasted Chicken in 5 easy steps!
- Pre-heat the oven.
Make the rub: combine butter, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Prepare the chicken. Place chicken in the roasting pan. Lift up chicken skin around the cavity and work your fingers under the skin over the breast and legs, easing it away from the meat.
Season chicken cavity with butter mixture, about 1 tablespoon. Stuff chicken with lemon, onion and remaining crushed garlic. Push some of the butter mixtures and crushed garlic under the skin and legs. Spreading it as evenly as possible. Season outside of the chicken with remaining butter mixture, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with oil and sprinkled some more garlic powder on the skin, for good measure.
Roast chicken breast side up for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or more depending on the size of the chicken).
To check the doneness of the chicken:
After 1 hour and 20 minutes:
- Poke a knife between the leg and the breast. The juices should run clear, no rosy-pink color.
- The meat should be firm and not rubbery. If it looks undercook, roast the chicken longer.
- Use a meat thermometer, if available. Meat temperature should at least reach 165 F/75c. If the temperature is lower, bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
Make an instant side dish
You may also add potatoes, carrots, and celery if you have them. Cut into pieces then drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper before placing them around the chicken to roast together.
Serve with your favorite carbs like pasta, mash potatoes or warm rice! I had this with Agli Olio pasta and it was a perfect combination!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. With only a few simple ingredients, it turned out so delicious.
Hungry for more? Try these recipes!
- Oven-fried Lechon Kawali
- Macaroni Salad
- Baked Macaroni
- Fruit Salad Filipino-Style
- Pork Afritada
- Butter Puto Cheese
Watch how to make Easy Oven Roasted Chicken
Easy Oven Roasted Chicken
- Position rack at bottom of the oven; preheat to 200c/ 400f.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken in the roasting pan. Lift up chicken skin around the cavity and work your fingers under the skin over the breast and legs, easing it away from the meat.
- Season chicken cavity with butter mixture, about 1 tablespoon. Stuff with lemon, onion and remaining crushed garlic. Push some of the butter mixture and 4 pieces of crushed garlic under the skin and legs. Spread it as evenly as possible. Season outside of the chicken with remaining butter mixture, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with oil.
- Roast chicken, breast side up, for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or more depending on the size of the chicken). Let it rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with pasta, mash potatoes or rice.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- Add-in options: dried thyme and rosemary. Spread inside the cavity of the chicken together with the other seasonings.
- Optional: Add sliced carrots, potatoes and celery around the chicken. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I will make a small percentage of your purchase. This helps keep this website running. Thank you!