I usually put herbs like rosemary and thyme whenever I’m making roasted chicken. But the other day, I had no time to go to the farthest part of Singapore to buy them. Okay, I’m a bit exaggerating but truly such herbs are only available in selected stores in this country. If you want them fresh, then you need to make a bit of an effort.
Use what you have as they say. So I used what I had in the pantry. Don’t worry if you don’t have garlic or onion powder. You can just add fresh minced garlic to the butter mixture.
You may also add potatoes and carrots if you have them. Cut into pieces then drizzle with oil, salt and pepper before placing them around the chicken to roast together.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. With only a few simple ingredients, it turned out so delicious.
Watch how to make Easy Oven Roasted Chicken
Easy Oven Roasted Chicken
- 1 whole chicken i used 1kg, cleaned and visible fat removed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 6 crushed cloves garlic
- 1 small sliced onion
- half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Position rack at bottom of the oven; preheat to 200c/ 400f.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in the roasting pan. Lift up chicken skin around the cavity and work your fingers under the skin over the breast and legs, easing it away from the meat. Push some of the butter mixture and 4 pieces crushed garlic under the skin and legs. Spreading it as evenly as possible.
- Season chicken cavity with butter mixture, about 1 tablespoon. Stuff chicken with lemon, onion and remaining crushed garlic.
- Season outside of chicken with remaining butter mixture, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil.
- I sprinkled some more garlic powder on the skin, for good measure.
- Roast chicken breast side up for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or more depending on the size of the chicken).
- Serve with your favorite carbs. I had this with Agli Olio Pasta and it was a perfect combination!
Last Updated on