The easiest chicken adobo you’ll ever make! No fuss and less tending. Perfect for days when you are craving for your favorite Filipino dish and don’t have a lot of time for cooking.
I usually make my adobo using equal parts of soy and vinegar. If you want a less salty version, just reduced the soy sauce to about 1 tablespoon.
If you’re using a wide pan instead of a pot, the sauce may be reduced quickly so remember to add a little bit more of water.
For a sweeter version of adobo, just add a two teaspoon of sugar.
For a dry version, just let the adobo simmer without a cover until desired consistency is achieved.
Serve with plain or garlic fried rice. You can also add boiled eggs too! Enjoy
Easy Chicken Adobo
- 500 g chicken pieces skin-on and bone-in
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and smashed with a knife
- 1/2 inch ginger peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup cane or rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf optional
- In a pan, saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add chicken, stir and let it cook until no longer pink. About 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar. Simmer for 1 minute. Do not stir!
- Add soy sauce and bay leaf or laurel leaf. Stir lightly then cover. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes
WATCH THE VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE EASY CHICKEN ADOBO
Last Updated on