An easy smoothie recipe perfect for this hot and humid tropical weather. I used fresh young coconut which, thankfully, is readily available in the supermarkets here in Singapore. As an alternative, you can also use the frozen and ready-to-use kind.
Lychee pairs really well with the coconut. It brought natural sweetness to the drink. You can add any sweetener of your choice including condensed milk would even make this even more delicious. I made mine without sugar because the coconut water and lychee was already sweet enough for me.
We bought three young coconuts but only got to use two to make 4 medium size glass servings.
Coconut Lychee Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh coconut water
- 1 cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
- 1 canned lychee (syrup drained)
- coconut meat
- sugar or sweetener of your choice (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients together in a blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!