A Filipino stir-fry recipe made of chicken breasts and mushroom slathered with classic buttery salpicao sauce and toasted garlic bits. This is a quick and easy stir-fry recipe that you can make in under 20 minutes!
So the other day, three things happened: I had a pack of chicken breast, fresh brown mushrooms and not enough time to make something really elaborate for lunch. Thus, Chicken and Mushroom Salpicao happened.
This is the second of the three salpicao recipes I am aiming to post in the blog. It looks like Beef Salpicao will be at the tail end of this series albeit being the most popular variation. This was unintentional of course. When I think of making something for the blog, I always go with whatever ingredient is at hand.
[mv_video key="wmkmmkgt3rpnok4df2pa" volume="70" aspectRatio="true" title="Easy Chicken and Mushroom Salpicao" thumbnail="https://mediavine-res.cloudinary.com/video/upload/wmkmmkgt3rpnok4df2pa.jpg" jsonLd="true" doNotOptimizePlacement="false" doNotAutoplayNorOptimizePlacement="false" sticky="false"]
Savory and buttery Salpicao–Basic Ingredients
Much like Salmon Salpicao, this recipe uses the simplest ingredients that create really flavorful dishes.
- Liquid Seasoning - I used a liquid seasoning this time around instead of my ever favorite Worcestershire sauce. It's nice to change things up once in a while. I used Knorr liquid seasoning but if you want an MSG-free type, use Bragg's.
- Soy sauce - it is not a stir-fry without soy sauce. Use light soy sauce or low sodium if preferred.
- Butter - lots of it if you must! It goes so well with the chicken and savoriness of the sauce.
- Garlic - lots of it too! Stir-fry them until lightly brown (not burned). Scoop out half of it before adding the chicken and use as garnish.
Chicken and Mushroom Stir-fry: The Basics
Cut the chicken and mushroom in uniform pieces bite-sized pieces before cooking. This ensures that they cook quickly and evenly.
Add the mushrooms when the chicken is half-way done. Adding them too early can make it soggy and watery.
Finally, pour the salpicao sauce. Stir-fry until chicken and mushrooms are coated with the sauce. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with toasted garlic bits to garnish.
Serve over warm rice or eat on its own as 'pulutan' or beer match. Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Try these recipes too!
- Easy Salmon Salpicao
- Stir-fried Chayote (Sayote Guisado
- Spicy Squid and Pork Korean Stir-fry
- Buttermilk Popcorn Chicken
- Pininyahang Manok
- Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs Burger
Watch the video on how to make Chicken and Mushroom Salpicao
Easy Chicken and Mushroom Salpicao
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add butter and let it melt. Add garlic. Saute until fragrant and lightly brown. Remove half of the garlic and set aside for garnish later.
- Add chicken breast. Stir until well combined with the browned garlic. Lower heat to medium, cover the pan with a lid and let the chicken cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, liquid seasoning and soy sauce. Stir. Continue cooking for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with toasted garlic and garnish green onions. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- Cut the chicken and mushroom in uniform pieces bite-sized pieces before cooking. This ensures that they cook quickly and evenly.
- Add the mushrooms when the chicken is half-way done. Adding them too early can make it soggy and watery.
- Serve over warm rice or eat on its own as 'pulutan' or beer match. Enjoy!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.