This was supposed to be a recipe for Arroz ala Cubana but didn’t have saba banana (plantain banana) at hand. But that’s okay because having this with rice and egg is very fulfilling enough.
My soon-to-be toddler surprisingly liked this and I am so glad, so glad! I’ve been slowly introducing flavor to her and this was one of the first food I decided to give because it has “hidden” vegetables.
Watch the video on how to make Braised Minced Pork in Worcestershire Sauce
Do try it too and let me know in the comment section how it goes!
Braised Minced Pork ala Arroz Ala Cubana
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 500 grams minced pork
- 2 to matoes sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 medium carrots cut into small cubes
- 1 medium potato cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the pan with oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add pork and spread it out. Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes or until it turns brown. Add the sliced tomatoes and continue cooking until the tomatoes have turned soft.
- Add water, worcestershire sauce, and all the vegetables. Stir to coat all ingredients. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When the potato and carrots are tender, season with salt and pepper. Add the green peas and simmer for 2 minutes, uncovered, just to barely cook the peas.
- Serve with sunny side egg and rice. And if you do have fried saba banana please have it with gusto.
Last Updated on