Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs Burger! Juicy, tender and flavorful homemade barbecue chicken burgers that are so easy to make!
What is the secret to these delicious chicken burgers? Chicken thighs! It is naturally moist, tender and flavorful. I personally think it’s the best part of the chicken for barbecue.
How to make an easy, no fuss, less mess chicken burgers?
- Buy boneless chicken thighs. It is more convenient than having to debone the chicken yourself. Remove the excess fat around the meat but leave the chicken skin intact. If you are not into chicken skin (but I am!) strip it off after baking and before adding in the cheese slices. Retaining the skin keeps the meat moist and succulent.
- Make the homemade barbecue sauce in the pan where you’re going to bake the chicken. Using a tong or your hands, massage the chicken with the sauce in the same baking pan. Yep! this recipe also shows you how to have fewer dishes to wash.
- Bake it right away. There’s no need to marinate! Easy! No oil splatters to clean after!
Homemade Barbecue Sauce
The ingredients of the barbecue sauce used in this recipe are similar to the Baked Barbecue Chicken Wings we recently made. Which reminds me, I think it is about time to make a dedicated post about it. It is so easy to make and uses staple ingredients that you probably already have in your home kitchen. Check out the list in the recipe card below.
I recommend using mayo cucumber dressing to go with this burger. It has a fresh and subtle flavor that brings balance to that bold barbecue taste. Follow the link to find out how to make it!
Finally, the toppings. My top picks are onion, lettuce, and cheddar cheese. Feel free to put your own.
I truly hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know in the comment section below or better yet, take a pic and hashtag it #rivertenkitchen. I would love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook.
Watch the video on how to make Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs Burger
Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs Burger
- 2 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Homemade BBQ marinade
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce i used sriracha
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oil i used canola
- pepper to taste
- 2 burger buns
- lettuce washed
- onion sliced
- mayo cucumber dressing
- 2 sliced cheese i used cheddar
- Pre-heat oven to 200c.
- In a small baking dish, combine all the ingredients of the marinade. Mix well.
- Add the chicken then season with salt.
- Coat all sides of the chicken with the marinade. Bake skin side up for 30 to 40 minutes. While baking, prepare all the other ingredients.
- Once the chicken thighs are cooked, remove from the oven. Immediately top with cheese slices. Let it melt with the residual heat. Meanwhile, warm the burger buns inside the hot oven for 3 minutes.
- Tuck the chicken into the warm crusty buns together with the toppings and mayo cucumber dressing. Serve and enjoy!
- Buy boneless chicken thighs. It is more convenient than having to debone the chicken yourself. Remove the excess fat around the meat but leave the chicken skin intact. If you are not into chicken skin, strip it off after baking and before adding in the cheese slices. Retaining the skin keeps the meat moist and succulent.
- For fewer dishes to wash, make the homemade barbecue sauce in the pan where you're going to bake the chicken. Using a tong or your hands, massage the chicken with the sauce in the same baking pan.
- If you don't like the heat, skip the siracha or hot sauce and just add more ketchup.
Last Updated on