A healthier and easier way of cooking frozen spring rolls is using an air-fryer. Crispy and crunchy golden-skin spring rolls that are ready in less than 15 minutes!
Types of Frozen Spring Rolls
These are the common ready-made frozen spring rolls you can find in the grocery that are perfect for air-frying:
- Shrimp spring rolls
- Vegetable spring rolls
- Chicken spring rolls
- Pork spring rolls
Whatever flavor you choose, make sure that the frozen spring rolls are made of good quality ingredients and have tightly sealed packaging. Do not buy partially opened packaging or spring rolls with ice crystals or frost as they may not have been properly handled.
How to Perfectly Air-fry Frozen Spring Rolls
Brush the spring rolls with oil - Brush or spray all sides and folds of the spring rolls with oil. Do it GENEROUSLY. This is the secret to making perfectly crispy spring rolls in an air-fryer.
Place the spring rolls in the air-fryer basket in a single layer with a space in between. Do not overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if necessary.
Shake the basket every 4 minutes to evenly brown the spring rolls on all sides. The spring rolls are cooked when it becomes plump and have turned golden brown.
Recommended cooking oil to use
Canola, avocado oil, and peanut oil are the best oils for air frying due to their high smoke point. A high smoke point is considered 200C/ 400F and higher.
My recommended temperature for cooking frozen spring rolls in the air fryer is 200C or 400F. I don't find it necessary to use two different temperatures.
The total cooking time of a regular-sized frozen spring in the air fryer is 13 minutes. Jumbo spring or large spring rolls would need around 15 minutes to be fully cooked through.
Do I need to pre-heat the air fryer?
You do not need to pre-heat the air-fryer when cooking frozen spring rolls. I have personally tested this and the result of pre-heating and not pre-heating air-fryer have made no difference to the texture and doneness of the spring rolls.
Serve these spring rolls with sweet chili sauce or, ketchup. Crispy vegetable spring rolls are especially good with vinegar dipping sauce. But that's just me 🙂
What to Serve with Crispy Spring Rolls
To reheat spring rolls in an air-fryer, set the temperature to 180C/350F. Arrange the spring rolls in a single layer and air fry for 5 minutes. Shake after 3 minutes to crisp up the other side.
More easy air-fryer recipes
Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls
- 16 pcs frozen spring rolls (see note 1)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil (for brushing)
- Grease the air-fryer basket with oil.
- Brush or spray each piece of dumpling generously with oil. Make sure to include the folds and edges.
- Place the dumplings in the basket in a SINGLE LAYER. Do not overcrowd. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Air-fry for 13 minutes at 200C/400F. Shake every 4 minutes to evenyly brown all sides.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce, ketchup, or vinegar dipping sauce.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- Cooking oil - canola, avocado oil, and peanut oil are the best oils for air frying due to their high smoke point.
- Nutrition: Calculation is per 1 piece of store-bought vegetable spring rolls. Check the back label of your frozen spring rolls for exact calculation. The dipping sauce is not included.
Riverten Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.